Application Process for a New Liquor License
New liquor licenses must be approved by the City Council. Prior to consideration at Council, all applicants must complete the online application process (including dramshop protection if applicable) and submit the following items to the City Clerk:
- Sketch of the premises including:
- all floors where alcoholic beverages are stored
- all entrances and exits
- all restrooms
- off-premise consumption applications must identify where alcoholic beverages are sold
- on-premise consumption applications must identify where alcoholic beverages are served and consumed in addition to the location and quantity of tables and chairs
- A copy of the executed lease or warranty deed
- Notarized applicant form (PDF)
Regular Council meetings are held the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month. All documents above must be turned in to the City Clerk by the Monday preceding Council week for consideration on the Council meeting agenda.
After a new liquor license is approved by Council, notification will be given to the Iowa Alcoholic Beverages Division (ABD). ABD will email the issued license to the establishment after ten business days.
Please contact the Iowa Alcoholic Beverages Division at 1.866.469.2223 or online if you have questions about the electronic licensing process.