The Pella Public Library is Open to the Public!
Until further notice, the following restrictions are in effect:
- Facemasks are required to be worn in the library building. Please read the City of Pella press release.
- A maximum of 40 people, including library staff, will be allowed in the building at one time.
- Many of the seating areas will have been modified or removed. This is to encourage the "browse and go" model so that others may also use the library.
- Staff will be wearing masks and gloves. This is for your protection.
- Staff will be behind Plexiglas shields when interacting with patrons. This is for your protection. We ask that you respect the shield and do not try to reach or talk around it.
- Please respect all lines, queues, ropes, etc., which are in place to guide you throughout the building.
- Please maintain a 6-foot distance between unrelated persons.
- Some parts of the building, including the Heritage Room and the Book Nook, may be temporarily closed. If you would like to request materials from a closed location, please notify library staff.
- Copying and printing services are available but will be handled at the front desk to minimize shared touch points. If you are in need of these services, please ask at the front desk.
Curbside pickup service will continue for the time being. If you would like to take advantage of curbside pickup service, please follow the directions on this page.
On behalf of the staff of the Pella Public Library, we would like to thank you for your continued patience and support in this unprecedented time. We look forward to seeing you soon!