The Pella Public Library has a collection of local history, including family histories, yearbooks, cemetery records, and back issues of the Pella Chronicle on microfilm which can be found in the Heritage Room.
- Pella Community Memory Database - A grant-funded project providing online access to Pella’s local history! Includes photographs, letters, genealogical research, and more! Read more about this project.
- Iowa GenWeb Project, Marion County - IAGenWeb is part of the USGenWeb Project, a group of volunteers working together to provide Internet websites for genealogical research in every county and every state of the United States. The Project is non-commercial and fully committed to free access for everyone.
- Newspapers online - Search back issues of the Pella Chronicle and other local newspapers.
- Search the Pella Souvenir History and its index. This book covers Pella history from 1847 to 1922.
- Search The History of Marion County, Iowa (1881) at Google books
- Read The History of Marion County, Iowa and its people by John W. Wright (1915) at the Internet Archive
- Search Pioneers of Marion County at Google books
- HeritageQuest - Do family history and genealogy research online. You will need your library card to access HeritageQuest.
- FindAGrave - Locate where a person is buried.
- Iowa Gravestone Photo Project
- Dutch Genealogy Dictionary
Other Local Libraries
- Marion County Genealogical Society - The Marion County Genealogical Society’s collection is located at the Knoxville Public Library. See their websites for more information.
- Pella Historical Society - The Pella Historical Society Library is located in the Historical Village. Visit their website for hours of operation and contact information. Volunteers may be available to help with research. Call ahead to make an appointment.