Take a Proctored Exam
If you are taking a class from a remote institution you may need to take a proctored exam. The Pella Public Library offers a proctoring service to the public. Please note the following important information about proctoring services:
- It is the responsibility of the student to contact the Pella Public Library to set a date and time for the exam. In most cases, your proctor must be present while you take the exam, so a mutually agreeable time must be scheduled in advance.
- Please contact the library at least one week in advance of your test to schedule.
- Proctors are available limited hours on nights and weekends. If you need to take a test in the evening or on the weekend, allow extra time to schedule such tests.
- Exams will not be scheduled outside of normal library operating hours. Exams must be completed by library closing time. Please discuss with your course instructor the length of time a test is expected to take and schedule appropriately.
- The student must make arrangements to have the exam delivered to the Library. Exams can be faxed, mailed or emailed to the Library. Completed exams can be returned in a similar manner.
To arrange for proctoring service, please fill out and submit this form.
The Pella Public Library does not charge for exam proctoring, but the student is responsible for any costs associated with the proctoring. Such costs often include postage, printing or copying, and faxing.
- The library charges $0.15/page for black and white printing/copying and $0.50/page for color printing.
- If your exam must be mailed to the testing institution, a flat fee of $1.50 will be charged to cover postage costs.
- If your exam must be faxed to the testing institution, a flat fee of $1.00 will be charged to cover faxing fees.