Free TumbleBooks Resources
For a limited time, get free ebooks and audiobooks from the TumbleBooks company!
Story Time, Tot Time and Lap Sit
Story Time is offered on Mondays and Thursdays 10:30 a.m. Story Time is suggested for ages 3/4 and older, parent or caregivers are encouraged to stay and fun with us.
Tot Time will be offered on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m. Tot Time is suggested for babies/walkers to age 3 with parent or caregiver.
Lap Sit will be offered on Mondays at 11:15 a.m. Lap Sit is for babies and parent or caregiver.
Pajama or Evening Story Time is offered at 6:30 p.m. on the 2nd Monday of the month September to April.
There is no sign up for Story Times, Tot Times or Lap Sit.
School Age Programming
Whatchamacallit Wednesdays Program offered every Wednesday from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. September to May. Programs are come and go.
Week One: LEGO free build
Week Two: movie/board games
Week Three: movie/board games
Week Four: STEAM
Upcoming movie dates: Feb. 19, Mar. 11, Apr. 22, and May 13
Things to remember:
1. Children must be in Kindergarten.
2. LEGOs are provided, please don’t bring from home.
3. Movie may move to a different week due to school schedules.
4. Children not in Kindergarten may attend movie showing with adult/mature person.
5. Children under the age of 8 need an adult/mature person in the library while attending a library program.
Tinker Tuesdays is offered the 1st Tuesday of the month from October to April at 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. This program is for kids in grades K to 5th. The group will experiment with STEAM Activities and creating with LEGO bricks. No need to sign up for this program.
Upcoming dates: February 4, March 3, and April 7
Pages and Popcorn for kids in grades 3-5. The group will discuss the upcoming titles on February 25, March 24 and April 28 from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. The Popcorn and Pages title selection will also be the Chapter Chat selection for the month.
Book Worms for kids in grades 1-2. The group will discuss the upcoming titles on February 25, March 24 and April 28 from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m.
Chapter Chat is for kids in grades 3-5. The group will discuss the upcoming titles on February 17, March 23 and April 20 from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. The Chapter Chat title selection will also be the Popcorn and Pages selection for the month.
Books may be checked out at the Circulation Desk the previous month.
Family Saturday Programs
Join us for special Saturday programs once a month. Programs will be 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. Unless noted. Dates subject to change.
Life Size Shoots and Ladders Feb. 15 *all day, sign up for playing times
Dr. Seuss Birthday Party Mar. 14
Egg Drop April 25
1000 Books Before Kindergarten
Any child not in Kindergarten is eligible to participate in this ongoing program. Those interested may register at the library.
- Pella Christian AR
- Links to the AR lists for the Pella Christian grade schools
- Pella Community AR
- AR quiz search for the Pella Community School District
- Iowa Reading Research Center
- Provides an online collection of literacy resources available to the public for teaching and learning, for homeschooling, and for educator research
- Homework Help Links
- Various websites to help children with their homework.