Story Time, Tot Time and Lap Sit
All in-person story times are on hold indefinitely.
Story Time will be offered online via Zoom at 10:30 a.m. Monday - Thursday. These will not be recorded or archived due to publisher requirements for the temporary read aloud permissions. Participants must register to receive a link and password. Search "Story Time - Zoom" in our online calendar to register. Please "Like" and "Follow" the Pella Public Library on Facebook to see up to date information about story times.
1000 Books Before Kindergarten
Did you know that if you read one (1) story every day for 5 years that would equal 1,825 stories read!
How the program works:
1. Any child from birth to before entering Kindergarten can participate in the program.
2. Register at the children’s desk at the Pella Public Library.
3. After reading 100 books, bring in your log. Children will receive a small incentive to keep going. The library will keep track of your completed logs. Multiple children in a family may do the program. Each child will have a log that will be kept in the family folder.
4. When you reach 1,000 books your child will receive a certificate. You will also be invited to attend our 1,001 party!
*The library is in process of redoing our 1000 Book B4K program, please email Miss Katie at email@example.com for more information.*
Free TumbleBooks Resources
For a limited time, get free ebooks and audiobooks from the TumbleBooks company!
- Pella Christian AR
- Links to the AR lists for the Pella Christian grade schools
- Pella Community AR
- AR quiz search for the Pella Community School District
- Iowa Reading Research Center
- Provides an online collection of literacy resources available to the public for teaching and learning, for homeschooling, and for educator research
- Homework Help Links
- Various websites to help children with their homework.