Creating and retaining the vision of a heritage destination remains a critical challenge of any city government. Working together with new ideas in retail and housing developments while still retaining the character and identity of established community and businesses is often a delicate balance. It is the desire of the City of Pella to remain strong in its vision by retaining its long-term integrity through the reflection of the buildings and signage in our community.
The Design Review District Design Manual (PDF) is used by the Community Development Committee and offers design parameters for Dutch architecture and signage. This document is available in hard copy from the planning and zoning office.The Dutch Residential Design Manual is used in conjunction with the Dutch Residential (DURE) Overlay District regulations of the Pella Zoning Ordinance.
- Bed and Breakfast Application (PDF)
- Central Business District Outdoor Seating Application (PDF)
- Central Business District Outdoor Seating Guidelines (PDF)
- Commercial / Industrial / Institutional Building Permits (PDF)
- Design Permit Application and Checklist (PDF)
- Home Occupation Application (PDF)
- Plat of Survey Application and Checklist (PDF)
- Right of Way Vacation Permit (PDF)
- Site Plan Application Packet (PDF)
- Solar Energy Permit Minor (PDF)
- Special Use Permit Packet (PDF)
- Zoning Requirements