About Pella Aquatics
The Outdoor Pool is closed for the season.
The City of Pella continues to monitor and develop appropriate plans in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The health and wellness of our community and team members is a top priority. In addition, it is our utmost priority to maintain public safety and other essential services. Accordingly, as developments continue to unfold, appropriate actions and steps will be implemented. We ask for your patience and understanding during this time. In addition, we ask that you follow safety guidelines as communicated by the Marion County Public Health Department, Iowa Department of Public Health, and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
This facility is currently closed to the public
In compliance with the Governor’s issuance of a State of Public Health Disaster Emergency, this facility is currently closed to the public effective at noon on March 17, 2020
All programs have been canceled. Refunds or credits will be offered to those who have already paid for programming or rentals. In addition, aquatic season passes will be extended for the length of the facility closure.
For questions, The Aquatic Center can be reached via phone at 641.628.1882
View program guides for schedules, swimming lessons, water aerobic classes and pass information.
- 2020 Winter & Spring Program Guide (PDF)
- All programming is currently canceled.
View upcoming events held at the Pella Aquatic Center.
View fees (PDF) for passes and daily admission.
*All passes are non-refundable and non-transferable. Year passes allow for admittance into the outdoor and indoor facility, 3 month passes are for indoor only, Summer passes allow for admittance into the outdoor facility and expire on the last day of summer season.
*The Pella Aquatic Centers does not offer private swimming lessons however group lessons are offered several times per year.
Lost & Found
If you lost something at the Aquatic Center please check with the office.
Pella Dolphins Swim Team
The Pella Dolphins swim team is a recreation swim team sponsored by the City of Pella Recreation Commission. Our mission as a team is to develop swimmers in and out of the water. Our main focus is to coach swimmers to be proficient in every stroke, turn and start. While out of the water we expect our swimmers to treat others with respect and they themselves are responsible for their own actions. We coach the swimmers to know the differences between hard training and drill work on competing. We are a competitive team that strives to do our best at all times. The Pella Aquatic Center offers 2 sessions of swim team, Winter and Summer.
Winter Swim Team Information:
- The Pella Dolphins swim team is a recreational swim team sponsored by the City of Pella Aquatic Center. Our head coach this winter will be Jennie Hedrick-Rozenberg. Swim team is designed to provide a competitive environment for the swimmers, so we do ask that all swimmers compete in at least one Meet during the season and attend at least one team practice per week. The competition does not have to be at a high level, but swimmers should at least try a Meet. This program is not designed to provide a lot of opportunity for individual stroke work; swimming lessons are available at the Pella Indoor pool.
- Must be at least age 5 – high school senior. Age determined as of December 1, 2019 • 8 & Under must swim length of pool; 9 & Over must swim two lengths of pool o Front or Back Crawl.
- The season begins on Monday, November 4. Practices will be: Monday/Tuesday/Thursdays: 3:45-4:30: 11 & Up; 4:30-5:15: 10 & Under. We understand other activities may conflict with the swim team schedule however participants should attend at least one practice during the week
Summer Swim Team Information:
- The Pella Dolphins swim team is a recreational swim team sponsored by the City of Pella Aquatic Center.
- Swim team is designed to provide a competitive environment for the swimmers, so we do ask that all swimmers compete in at least one Meet during the season and attend at least one team practice per week. The competition does not have to be at a high level, but swimmers should at least try a Meet. This program is not designed to provide a lot of opportunity for individual stroke work; swimming lessons are available at the Pella Indoor pool.
- Practices usually begin the first week of June with registration available in April.
- Practices are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. 10 & Under 10:00-10:45 AM at the Outdoor Pool and 11 & Over 9:00 – 10:00 AM at the Outdoor Pool. Swim meets are held on Tuesday evenings.